As standard product we offer two sizes and two distinct finishes. It uses the same aluminum sheet shell process as our other cases. The cover can also be made removable. We can modify to accommodate interior brackets, mounts, compartments, and markings such as silk screening. An internal mounting flange is available for installation of electronics panel or instrument panel. Custom designed partitions and fold-down dividers are available. Due to minimal corner radii the PORTEX briefcase offers optimal useable space in relation to case size.
PORTEX Briefcases are designed to protect items such as small instruments, tools, cameras, anything that needs to be hand-carried and which would be damaged in a soft case. Also, mobile instruments such as sophisticated GPS devices.
PORTEX uses the same aluminum sheet shell process as our other cases. If you need size that's not shown, please contact us by e-mail or phone with your wish list. As standard product we offer two sizes and two distinct finishes.
PORTEX I Product Features
▪ Climatic stress such as rain, snow, hail, humidity, heat and blowing dust and sand
▪ Minor shock & vibration with the use of a foam lining
▪ Electro Static Discharge with the use of ESD rated foam
▪ Rugged aluminum construction
▪ Chrome plated ball type closure
▪ Hammered texture or anodized finish
▪ Luggage type handle
▪ Moisture proof
▪ Corrosion resistant piano type hinge with stainless steel pin
▪ The PORTEX Briefcase is designed with internal modification in mind. We can modify to
print such items as interior brackets, mounts, compartments, and markings such as silk
screening. Custom designed partitions and fold-down dividers are available. The cover
can also be made removable.
▪ Interlocking tongue & groove extrusion for watertight protection
▪ Construction, design and documentation are to ISO 9001 standard
▪ Housings and covers are made of Peraluman 350, a salt-water resistant aluminum alloy
exclusively produced for EDAK
▪ Natural aluminum hammered finish that resists scratching or anodized
PORTEX II Features
▪ PORTEX II meets all applicable requirements of MIL-T-28800, performance levels of MIL-
STD-810, and the watertight requirements of IP65
▪ Protection of latches and hardware is achieved through the use of guarded latches and
handles or by incorporating "V" rails along the perimeter of the case.
▪ Widest range of sizes available
▪ Can be configured to exact size required, unlike deep-drawn cases
▪ Shock and vibration isolation options are available
▪ CAD-CAM system reduces design and manufacturing times to a minimum
▪ PORTEX II series offers many special features that help ensure the safe delivery of
intricate instruments in transit and operation in hostile environments.
▪ Stirrup latches are used to insure positive fastening and security locking of lid
▪ Panel range flange available for instrument case applications
▪ Available with foam interiors engineered to your specifications
▪ Spring loaded recessed top and side handles
▪ Pressure relief valve manual or automatic
▪ Custom design requirements are easily incorporated to accommodate special connectors,